- “It is my experience that good food with good friends have no calories.”
- We had a very successful 2012 client appreciation dinner. About 75 people enjoyed the shop demonstrations, viewed the pretreatment process and experienced forging techniques. A delicious meal was served; people raved about the ham balls, homemade whoopie pies, and ice cream with NO calories (just kidding). It was a wonderful evening, sharing our craft and passion for Ironworks.
- Homemade Whoopie Pies. Yum!
We had rooms reserved for those that wanted to stay over and partake in the clinic tour and benefit auction the following day. We left the shop at 8 AM, drove to the clinic and toured the post and beam building top to bottom and Matt Sware showed us some slides of the clinics work. This tour offered an insight of passionate doctors working directly with patients,in connection with scientists and labs across the country to make significant breakthroughs in the medical field. They publish 3-5 peer reviewed articles per year on their findings.
From there the bus traveled to the auction, where everyone had a wonderful time, listening to the doctors talk, buying quilts and other neat stuff, and eating good food (It is my experience that delicious food has zero calories). Everyone had a wonderful time, experiencing the atmosphere of a community based benefit auction, pulling together for a great cause. Families that have been impacted by the clinic show up to do whatever is necessary. Some families have lost children to diseases,have sought help at the clinic, received treatment and have babies that can now lead normal productive lives. So the whole day was a healthcare/community/ Lancaster County/philanthropic event that will be cherished.
The happy group was back to compass by 5 with goodies, quilts and food with which to remember the event by.
- Enjoying an auction for a good cause! Matt Sware giving us the tour of the Clinic
Mark your calendar for our 2013 client appreciation dinner. It is scheduled for Friday evening September 20th. Let us know if you want a room so that we can reserve a large enough block of rooms for Friday night September 20th. The clinic tour and Auction will be on Saturday, September 21st. Room and bus tour will be $200 per couple. Proceeds to benefit The Clinic For Special Children.
As parents to children that have been positively impacted by the clinic, Susie and I want to convey a huge thank you to each and every one of you that has helped support the Clinic For Special Children. We look forward to seeing you in September.
Thank you so much,
- To all our guests, Thank you!